Clear Outstanding Heat & Hot Water Violations to Avoid Rent Cuts

As New York City deals with winter storms and temperature swings, heat and hot water complaints are likely to be the most common type of service complaint you’ll face. A tenant or group of tenants may file a complaint with HPD and may also seek a rent reduction through the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) for inadequate heat and hot water in the apartment or building. If you don’t stay on top of heat and hot water service complaints, you may face rent cuts.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?