Ask Judge to Order Use & Occupancy Payment in Eviction Case

If you sue to evict a tenant in housing court for a reason other than nonpayment of rent (such as nonprimary residence), the law says you’re entitled to what’s known as “use and occupancy” (U & O). Getting U & O while your case is pending is critical, since eviction cases can drag on for a long time. And during this time you still must pay the expenses to run your building.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?