DHCR Issues Office Visit Guidance
The DHCR recently issued new procedural guidance for in-person visits to the Office of Rent Administration (ORA) Borough and District Rent Offices. Here are the details:
- Service will be provided to visitors to the office by appointment only. If you cannot come alone, ORA asks you to please minimize the number of guests accompanying you.
- Appointments must be scheduled at least one day in advance, and no more than two weeks in advance.
- To schedule an appointment or to receive assistance over the phone, you can contact:
- Lower Manhattan: 212-480-6238
- Upper Manhattan: 212-961-8930
- Westchester: 914-948-4434
- Queens: 718-482-4041
- Brooklyn: 718-722-4778
- Bronx: 718-430-0880
- All visitors will be required to wear face masks. Visitors with an illness or fever are being directed to seek service over the phone or by email.
- Visitors need to bring proof of identity and proof of tenancy or ownership, any orders, notices, or documents they want to review and discuss.
- Maximum length of time for an appointment is 30 minutes. Visitors who arrive after their 30-minute allotted time frame will need to reschedule. Please arrive early, as extra time will be needed to clear building security and elevator passenger limits.
- Paper submissions to pending case files will NOT be accepted at Borough/District Rent Offices. All paper submissions should be mailed to: DHCR - Office of Rent Administration, Gertz Plaza, 92-31 Union Hall Street, Jamaica, NY 11435, Attention: Docket #XXXXXXXXXX