DOB Invites Comments on Proposed Buildings Penalty Schedule Update
The Department of Buildings (DOB) is proposing to update the Buildings Penalty Schedule to reflect the current construction environment, and to better ensure public safety. The last major overhaul of the Buildings Penalty Schedule occurred in 2008.
The DOB will hold a public hearing on the proposed rule. And the public hearing will take place at 10 a.m. on Jan. 16. The hearing will be in the 2nd floor auditorium at 125 Worth Street.
Anyone can comment on the proposed rules by:
- Website. You can submit comments to the DOB through the NYC rules website at http://rules.cityofnewyork.us.
- Email. You can email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail. You can mail comments to the New York City Department of Buildings, Office of the General Counsel, 280 Broadway, 7th floor, New York, NY 10007.
- Fax. You can fax comments to the New York City Department of Buildings, Office of the General Counsel, at 212-566-3843.
- Speaking at the hearing. Anyone who wants to comment on the proposed rule at the public hearing must sign up to speak. You can sign up in the hearing room before the hearing begins on Jan. 16. You can speak for up to three minutes.
The deadline to submit comments by is Jan. 16, 2018. The proposed penalty schedule can be found here.