File High-Income Rent Deregulation Form by June 30

This is the first year since the passage of the Rent Act of 2011 that the high-rent deregulation process will incorporate new household income and monthly legal regulated rent thresholds. If you have a tenant who's paying a monthly rent of $2,500 or more for a rent-controlled or rent-stabilized apartment, it might be time to send out the second of two Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) forms that may eventually lead to deregulation of the apartment. If you miss the deadline, you'll have to wait until next year to apply for deregulation.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?