File Proper Forms, Avoid Missteps When Rerenting Decontrolled Apartment

When a rent-controlled tenant dies leaving behind no legal successors, voluntarily moves out, or is lawfully evicted, his apartment automatically becomes “vacancy decontrolled.” When any of these situations occur, it is important to file all the necessary forms with the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) when rerenting the decontrolled apartment.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?