Give Tenant Advance Notice Before Starting Eviction Proceeding

The Rent Stabilization Code (RSC) requires you to give advance notice to a rent-stabilized tenant before you can seek his eviction in most cases. The notice, known as a termination notice, informs the tenant that he must vacate or give up his apartment by a certain date.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?