How to Collect a Money Judgment from an Ex-Tenant

You may feel like celebrating after you win a money judgment for unpaid rent from an ex-tenant in court. But sometimes it can be tough to get the ex-tenant to pay you the amount of the judgment. Fortunately, if you know where the ex-tenant works, there’s a way you can get the money you’re owed. You can do this by garnishing the tenant’s wages. This means that you collect a certain percentage of the ex-tenant’s salary until the judgment is paid off.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?