How to Settle Tenant's Overcharge Complaint

If you are hit with a rent overcharge complaint from a rent-stabilized tenant and think the tenant may have a good case, consider trying to settle the case with the tenant before the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) decides it. Settling the complaint has certain advantages—you can save time and money, and avoid worrying over an uncertain result.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?