Setting Rent for Unit Previously Rented to Commercial Tenant

Q One of my apartments had been commercially rented for three years and is registered as exempt from rent regulation. Now, I'd like to rent out the apartment to a residential tenant. How do I calculate the rent for an incoming rent-stabilized tenant? Is there a process to “bridge the gap” to set the new stabilized rent?

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?