When to Include Engineer/Architect Fees in MCI Increase Applications

When you get a major capital improvement (MCI) performed at your building, you may hire a consultant such as an engineer or architect in addition to the contractor doing the work. For example, you may hire an engineer when you get your building’s parapet replaced. Can you include the engineer’s or architect’s fees as part of the cost of the MCI when you calculate your rent increase?

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?