How to Get Proper Consent for Improvements/New Equipment Rent Hike

If you want to collect a rent hike for making improvements to, or installing new equipment in, an occupied rent-stabilized apartment, you must get the tenant’s written consent to the rent hike. If you don’t do this properly and the tenant challenges the rent hike by filing a rent overcharge complaint with the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR), you could lose out on the rent hike.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?