How to Get Rent Increases for Apartment Improvements

When you make improvements, such as installing a new refrigerator or replacing flooring, to your rent-regulated apartments, the owner may be entitled to an “Individual Apartment Improvement Rent Increase.” This increase is in addition to vacancy increases allowed by law or the regular annual Rent Guidelines Board adjustments for rent-stabilized apartments, and biennial adjustments to Maximum Base Rents for rent-controlled apartments.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from New York Apartment Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?